The Worcester Chamber & Bowditch & Dewey host an event on the "Formation, Operational, and Exit Strategies for Innovators".
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, more than half of all startups fail within the first five years. Why do so many fail? Arguably the most overlooked factor is a lack of legal guidance.
The Chamber's panel of experts is here to help with a program specifically tailored to the needs of budding entrepreneurs.
Learn how to plan, start, build, and maintain a lean startup like a pro!
Questions and topics that will be addressed:
- What type of entity should I form?
- What kind of governing agreements do I need?
- How do I protect my entity's intellectual property?
- How do I protect myself in the event of death, disability or departure of a co-founder?
- How do I incentivize employees?
- What are my tax obligations as a business owner?
- Should I have an employment agreement?
- When and how do I register a trademark or copyright, or file for a patent?
- Do I need a lawyer to review contracts before I sign them?
- What do angel and VC investors look for?
- What laws do I need to comply with to take in investment funds?
- How can I prepare for an exit event?