Below are the details on the four Cybersecurity 'Treks' that we will host as part of the Massachusetts Cybersecurity Forum on September 13th. Transportation will be provided from the Sonesta to each of the Treks.
Please Note: No photography will be allowed at any of the 'Cyber Trek' locations.
Cybercrime: Public/Private Challenges
Panel Focus: Creating better public/private partnerships on cybercrime, prosecution, prevention, and awareness. Fed, State, private legal expert participate.
Tour: Akamai Network Command Center
- Hank Shaw, FBI Boston, Special Agent in Charge
- William D. Weinreb, Acting US Attorney, District of Massachusetts
- Hans Olson, Assistant Undersecretary of Homeland Security, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Karen Neuman, Partner, Business Litigation Group and Privacy + Cybersecurity Practice, Goodwin Procter LLP
- Siobhan MacDermott, SVP, Global Cybersecurity Public Policy Executive, Bank of America
Trek Captain, Moderator: Nav Singh, Managing Director, McKinsey
Nav serves as the managing partner of McKinsey’s Boston office and leads the state and local work for the Public Sector Practice in North America. He is also a leader in McKinsey's Pharmaceutical & Medical Products and Strategy & Corporate Finance Practices, with a focus on innovation.
Sponsored by Accenture
Panel Focus: Direct from the sector leader CISOs in Finance, R&D, Gov, Tech; discussion on management issues, vendor and supply chain, urgent challenges.
Small Group Sessions: To answer the question "what is the most important message that we want to provide to CEOs?"
Start Up Spotlight: Innovative technology concepts being developed at Draper cybersecurity startup spinouts: Lexumo and Dover Microsystems
Moderator: Secretary Mark Nunnely, Executive Office of Technology Services & Security, Commonwealth of Mass.
- Don Anderson, CIO, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- Andy Ellis, Chief Security Officer of Akamai
- Chris Lockett, Senior Program Manager, Draper Cyber Systems Group
- David Safford, Senior Principal Engineer, Edge Controls, GE Global Research
Trek Captain: Anne Margulies, CIO, Harvard University
Anne Margulies is Vice President and University Chief Information Officer at Harvard and is responsible for information technology strategy, policies, and services that support the University’s mission of teaching, learning, and research. Previously, Anne was Assistant Secretary for Information Technology and CIO for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Cyber Investment Landscape
Sponsored by John Hancock
Panel Focus: Cybersecurity Start up Investments; MA Investor views; Acquisitions from both sides
Panel 1: Massachusetts Investment Landscape
- Greg Dracon, Partner/406Ventures
- Ram Mallikarjuna,Chief Strategist, Akamai Ventures
- Brendan Hannigan, Venture Partner/Polaris
Panel 2: Acquisitions From Both Angles
- Ken Levine, CEO/Digital Guardian
- Christopher Ahlberg, CEO/RecordedFuture
- Michael Loria, VP Business Development, IBM Security
Fireside Chat with Udi Mokady, CEO CyberArk
Trek Captain, Moderator: Maria Kussmaul, Founder/Partner, AGC Partners
Co-Founder and Partner at AGC Partners, Maria leads the firm’s investment banking efforts in the IT security sector. A recognized domain expert, Maria is a frequent contributor to industry events, panelist/presenter at the RSA Conference, Security Innovation Network (SINET) Advisory Board Member, Naval War College Roundtable Participant and has facilitated numerous “Blue Sky” strategic planning sessions with leading security teams.
Threat Scenarios, Cyber Range Experience
Sponsored by Cisco
Location: IBM X-Force Command Center
Focus: Immersive cyber threat scenario experience; real world attack and response case study reenactment; value of threat data sharing.
Tour: X-Force Command Center Experience
Trek Captain: Chris Crummey, Executive Director, IBM Command Center