Closed: Request for Proposals for Last Mile Consulting Services
Procurement Type: RFP
Procurement Number: 2014-MBI-01
Date Issued: July 15, 2013
Date Due: Rolling; closed on August 25, 2017
The Massachusetts Technology Collaborative (the “Mass Tech Collaborative”), on behalf of the Massachusetts Broadband Institute (the “MBI”), is issuing this Request for Proposals for Last Mile Consulting Services, RFP No. 2014-MBI-01 (“RFP”) to solicit responses from firms to provide consulting services to support the planning, development and deployment of a regional last mile solution to bring broadband access to communities in western Massachusetts that remain unserved or underserved.
To support the MBI’s last mile efforts, the MBI is looking for consultants with:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of last mile networks and delivery methods utilizing technologies that include wireless and fiber to the home (“FTTH”) ;
- Proven ability to relate technical knowledge to all aspects of business modeling for last mile network design, deployment methodologies, value chain segmentation, and pricing at every juncture between pure internet access and the offering of retail services;
- Experience planning, implementing and operating complex last mile broadband networks;
- Experience budgeting, forecasting, and modeling capital and operational expenses, and potential revenue generated from last mile networks;
- Current appreciation of state and federal regulations/laws/legislations that govern the telecommunications and broadband marketplace; and
- Provide the MBI with technical assistance and expertise about the region and specific towns, particularly in western Massachusetts.
The MBI is seeking to identify and contract with a stable of consultants that can be called upon to provide expert technical, financial and strategic advice, analysis and guidance on the planning and implementation of last mile projects. The selected consultants will support the work of a steering committee that will include Mass Tech Collaborative staff, state officials and stakeholders. The MBI’s main objective is to develop a robust solution to broadband access for households, businesses and community anchor institutions (such as schools, libraries, municipal offices, and public safety facilities) that maximizes the impact of limited public resources, leverages other sources of funding (to the extent necessary and appropriate), and promotes economic growth in the region.
Request for Proposals for Last Mile Consulting Services
RFP No. (2014-MBI-01)
Disposition Team Lead: MBI Staff, proposals(at)masstech.org
RFP Issued: July 15, 2013
Responses Due: This RFP will remain open on a Rolling basis
with responses evaluated on a periodic basis
Download Application Documents: