MITP Program Eligibility
What companies are eligible to participate?
Companies eligible to participate in the MTIP summer program must meet the following criteria:
- Be in the Massachusetts digital technology sector. Priority focus areas for 2017 include: cybersecurity, digital health, Internet of Things (IoT), or robotics;
- Be headquartered and have operations in Massachusetts;
- Have less than 100 employees globally; and
- Hire an eligible summer intern (MTIP can support up to 2 eligible interns per company, per program period).
What interns are eligible to participate?
Eligible student interns for the MTIP summer program MUST be:
- A Massachusetts resident currently enrolled at or a recent graduate of a two- or four-year college or university (Preference for Class of 2016, 2017, or 2018);
- A student currently enrolled at or a recent graduate of a Massachusetts two- or four-year college or university (Preference for Class of 2016, 2017, or 2018); or
- A graduate student or recent advanced degree recipient who is a Massachusetts resident or who is enrolled at a Massachusetts graduate school. Recent graduates must have completed their advanced degree program in 2016 or 2017.
MTIP summer interns MAY be:
- Service members and members of the National Guard and Reserve who are Massachusetts residents, graduates of 2-year or 4-year colleges, and have transitioned from active duty to veteran status within the past 18 months (DD-214 documentation marking the date of your transition will be necessary).
MTIP summer interns may NOT be:
- Anyone who is the spouse, child, grandchild, sibling, niece, nephew, or spouse of a child, grandchild, sibling, niece, or nephew of ANY employee of the company; and/or
- Anyone whose internship is supported by another state-sponsored program during the period covered by MassTech's program.
Need more information? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.