MTIP Program Eligibility
6/5/18: All internships stipends for summer 2018 are now reserved. The waitlist is full, and we are no longer accepting applications. Thank you for your interest in the program.
What companies are eligible to participate?
Companies eligible to participate in the MTIP summer program must meet the following criteria:
- Be in the Massachusetts digital technology sector. Priority focus areas for 2018 include: Cybersecurity, Digital Health, Internet of Things (IoT), and Robotics;
- Be headquartered and have operations in Massachusetts;
- Have less than 100 employees globally;
- Hire an eligible summer intern; and
- Treat their interns as employees of the company and not contractors or subcontractors, and pay interns as W-2 employees with required payroll withholdings.
What interns are eligible to participate?
Eligible student interns for the MTIP summer program MUST meet ONE of the following criteria:
- A Massachusetts resident currently enrolled at or a recent graduate of a two- or four-year college or university (Preference for Class of 2017, 2018, or 2019);
- A student currently enrolled at or a recent graduate of a Massachusetts two- or four-year college or university (Preference for Class of 2017, 2018, or 2019); or
- A graduate student or recent advanced degree recipient who is a Massachusetts resident or who is enrolled at a Massachusetts graduate school. Recent graduates must have completed their advanced degree program in 2017 or 2018.
MTIP summer interns MAY be:
- Service members and members of the National Guard and Reserve who are Massachusetts residents, graduates of 2-year or 4-year colleges, and have transitioned from active duty to veteran status within the past 18 months (DD-214 documentation marking the date of your transition will be necessary).
MTIP summer interns may NOT be:
- Anyone who is the spouse, child, grandchild, sibling, niece, nephew, or spouse of a child, grandchild, sibling, niece, or nephew of ANY employee of the company;
- Anyone whose internship is supported by another state-sponsored program during the period covered by MassTech's program; and/or
- Anyone who is a current or former full- or part-time employee of the company. Former paid or unpaid interns of the company are eligible.
Need more information? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.