What companies are eligible to participate?
Companies eligible to participate in the MTIP summer program must meet the following criteria:
- For two interns; be in the Massachusetts digital technology sector;
- For three interns; be in a priority focus area. Priority focus areas for 2022 include: Cybersecurity, Digital Health, Fintech, and Robotics;
- Be headquartered and have operations in Massachusetts;
- Have less than 250 employees globally;
- Hire an eligible summer intern to work in Massachusetts; and
- Treat their interns as employees of the company and not contractors or subcontractors, and pay interns as W-2 employees with required payroll withholdings.
What interns are eligible to participate?
Eligible student interns for the MTIP summer program MUST meet ONE of the following criteria:
- A Massachusetts resident currently enrolled at or a recent graduate (class of 2021 or later) of a two- or four-year college, university, or other post-secondary training program; or
- A student currently enrolled at or a recent graduate (class of 2021 or later) of a Massachusetts two- or four-year college, university, or other post-secondary training program; or
- A graduate student or recent advanced degree recipient who is a Massachusetts resident or who is enrolled at a Massachusetts graduate school. Recent graduates must have completed their advanced degree program in 2021 or 2022.
MTIP summer interns MAY be:
- Service members and members of the National Guard and Reserve who are Massachusetts residents, graduates of 2-year or 4-year colleges, and have transitioned from active duty to veteran status within the past 18 months (DD-214 documentation marking the date of your transition will be necessary).
MTIP summer interns may NOT be:
- Anyone who is the spouse, child, grandchild, sibling, niece, nephew, or spouse of a child, grandchild, sibling, niece, or nephew of ANY employee of the company;
- Anyone whose internship is supported by another state-sponsored program during the period covered by MassTech's program; and/or
- Anyone who is a current or former full- or part-time employee of the company. Former paid or unpaid interns of the company are eligible.
Need more information? Email us at email@example.com.